The program is geared toward students who are majoring in engineering, architecture, construction management, urban planning and/or sustainability design, who are entering their sophomore/junior/senior or 5th Year Program in college, or are in graduate school.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
The 10-week Internship begins Monday, June 5, 2017 and ends on Friday, August 11, 2017.
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAM
- Each intern is assigned to a mentor within the respective division, and will be assigned to a project for the term of the program, or may rotate through different types of projects, depending upon the availability of projects.
- There will be meetings/seminars with DDC senior staff and DDC summer high school interns.
- Interns participate in Community Day, a day of service working on various projects within the City of New York.
- Field trips to significant projects, such as: Times Square Plaza, known as “The Crossroads of the World”; Bronx River House in Starlight Park; Rehab of Interceptor Sewers; and Willowbrook Park Flood Control (BMP).
- Go to http://www.nyc.gov/jobs, go to Search for Open NYC Jobs and click on Non-Employee Login to search for Job ID # (see below), for additional information, and to apply.
- Infrastructure Division JOB ID # 277246
- Program Management Division’s Project Controls JOB ID # 277247
- Program Management Division’s Safety & Site Support JOB ID # 277248
- Public Buildings Division JOB ID # 277249
- Please indicate in your cover letter whether you will be an undergraduate or graduate level student for the upcoming Fall 2017 term.
- You will need to submit your unofficial transcript if you are selected for an interview.
- Online applications must be completed by March 17, 2017. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Please retain these pages for your records.