SUMMER 2017 PROGRAM DATES: May 14, 2017- July 21, 2017
This application is submitted online through the link provided above and below
- Complete & Submit Applicaton (Applications accepted November 28, 2016 – March 15, 2017)
- Have your school’s Registrar’s Office forwards your official transcript to the mailing address below.
- Faculty submitting your recommendations should visit this site to submit a recommendation.
- Committee will review applications (application, transcript & recommendation)
- Selections will be made no later than April 15th and letter of offer will be emailed and mailed via U.S. Postal Service to applicants that are accepted
- You may print and sign the emailed letter and email it back to email@example.com or fax to 205-975-8009. However, the original letter that you receive in the mail must be signed and returned by the due date indicated in the letter. Because of the high volume of applicants, we cannot extend the deadline to return original signed letter.
- After all letters of offer have been signed and returned, Program Coordinator, Charita Cadenhead will notify participants of what to expect next.
The program is open only to United States Citizens and permanent residents of the United States that are currently enrolled in an institute of higher education and who will not be graduating prior to the Spring semester of the program year. In other words, applicants must be returning to an undergraduate program after participating in the program. The REU program will pay a $5,000 stipend for the ten-week period, plus additional support for travel, housing, and other expenses.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Nanoscale Materials
- Diamond Growth and Characterization
- High Pressure Materials Research
- Properties of Microelectronic Materials
- New Laser Materials
- Industrial Research Projects
- Fiber Optic Biosensors
- Materials for Biomedical Implants
- Electrospun Polymeric Biomaterials
- Ultrafast Terahertz Spectroscopy in Materials Research
- Self Assembly of Materials for Tissue Engineering
- Laser Tweezers in Biophysical Research
- Computational Research Projects
- Optical Imaging and Electrophysiological Study of Excitable Tissues