The program will run from May 30th – August 4th, 2017. All 10 accepted applicants receive full room and board plus a $5,000 stipend for the 10 week program.
The application is completed and submitted online here
- Students must submit a personal statement outlining their reasons for applying to the program.
- Current, academic transcripts.
- Two letters of academic reference must also be provided.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program of education
(community college, adult education, degree completion program, or a traditional 4-yr college);
- Have maintained a cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- Have completed at least one undergraduate science course;
- Have completed no more than 2 years of undergraduate credits;
(i.e. applicants should be freshmen, sophomores, or associate’s degree level);
- Veterans are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Computational Biology Summer Program provides meaningful summer research experiences to 10 undergraduate students and combines experimental, theoretical, and computational approaches with a focus on the intersection of the mathematical, computational, and biological sciences. In addition to the research experience, students receive computational biology training, professional skills development, and enrichment sessions geared towards broadening their understanding of the application of and issues surrounding scientific research. Faculty and post-graduate mentors guide the research projects and advise students toward further study and career development.