This application is a paper application that must be sent to the address provided at the top of the application paper.
To be eligible for consideration, student must submit by mail; 6 complete, collated packets of all student plus faculty sponsor requirements and must be mailed together in one package by March 20th EACH COLLATED PACKET MUST INCLUDE in the following order: (NO STAPLES; only paper clips) From Student
- Legible application completely filled out (Typed or legibly printed)
- A one page personal statement of educational & career goals, and how the proposed summer research will advance both, plus how your project will benefit others.
- A resume, including summary of undergraduate (& graduate, if applicable) courses & grades (official transcript not necessary) and description of research experience (if any).
- Indicate any other sources & amounts of financial support applied for or available to you.
- Names, emails & contact info for all newspapers: local to where you grew up, are living, went to high school & college) plus any college newspapers, etc.
- Filled out teacher recognition form, indicating the person (school teacher or college professor who first most motivated you or inspired your interest in neuroscience/learning about the brain) plus by Faculty Sponsor:
- A short NIH type CV with selected publications
- A statement on letterhead describing the student applicant’s qualifications for the Summer Research Fellowship
- Description of the training that the student fellow will receive.
- Indicate how the research in his/her laboratory is funded.