The application is on the right-hand side of the page under the tab “Application Forms”
- Applicants must have completed their junior or senior year by May 2017, or be enrolled in their first year of medical school in good standing at the time of the application.
- Applicants must be able to attend the entire program. (Accommodations can be made to fit medical student schedules.)
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States (for tax and payroll purposes).
- Previous applicants are eligible if they can justify a second summer in the program.
Completed applications must include:
- Student Application Form
- Two completed Faculty Recommendation Forms.
- An official transcript attached to your Application or sent via your University’s official methods directly to the SCRC Administrator.
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- All parts of the application must be received by 5:00 PM (EST) on February 28, 2017. Students are encouraged to apply early.
Each completed application is reviewed by the SCRC Directors and staff. The actual selection is made on the basis of an assessment of the student’s completed application, including both faculty recommendations and the student’s transcript(s).
The students who wish to apply can review the online Directory of Investigators on our website for a list of recent and/or expected mentors. The directory is updated regularly beginning in late fall. Every effort is made to place students with one of the laboratories/programs of their choice. Questions can be directed to the SCRC Administrator.
- February 28, 2017
Receipt Deadline for Complete Application (application, two recommendation forms, school transcript and CV to be received by 5:00 PM, EST).
- Early April 2017
Notifications are sent out to all applicants about their program status.